While our CUSO-VSO placements are “volunteer” placements, CUSO-VSO provides financial support to cover the majority of the costs of being an overseas volunteer. Specifically, they provide the following support:
- Attendance at a CUSO-VSO assessment day (candidates must cover the first $150 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation costs associated with pre-departure training.
- Return airfare and visa/permit (this includes a return flight in the case of a family emergency).
- Coverage for required vaccinations, medications and comprehensive health insurance.
- Accommodation while overseas.
- A small local currency living allowance to cover the cost of food, power & water etc.
- Quarterly payments to support you in your placement.